This Website Sponsored By
This year’s Walk/Run will Benefit Army Sergeant Brandon Korona and Homes For Our Troops to be built in Derry, New Hampshire
Sunday, November 14 at 9am
Race Registration has Closed
Registration Fees are Non-refundable
As you know, Run for the Troops has partnered with Race Roster for a virtual 5K Run/Walk to raise funds for Home for our Troops, Ironstone Farm and Homeland Heroes and we thank you for your participation. More information is coming soon!
Thank You to Schneider Electric for supporting our mobility-challenged veterans.
Dinner & Silent Auction Sponsors
Number & shirt pick-up
Shirts/bibs for teams of 10+ are prepackaged and MUST be picked up by the team captain. No individual pick ups allowed.
T-Shirt and Bib pick up is November 11-13, 2021 at Commonwealth Motors Nissan, Lawrence MA. T-Shirts/Bibs must be picked up prior to the race as we are no longer offering day of race pickup or registration.
T-SHIRT/BIB PICKUP DETAILS:
For teams of 10 or more: Thursday, November 11, TEAM PACKET PICKUP ONLY, 4-7 p.m. (Team captains must pick up their team’s packets and distribute them to team members. Team members may not pick up their packet).
Friday, November 12, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, November 13, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To be guaranteed a T-shirt, please register by Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Contact Sharon Carroll for additional information
NO 2021 Race Day Register and/or pickup
Parking will not be permitted in spaces immediately around the Andover Town Common or on the Doherty Middle School grounds.
Suggested parking locations include:
- on Bartlett Street
- the public parking lot at Park Street (63 Park Street)
- the public parking lot at Olde Andover Village (90 Main Street)
- nearby residential streets (Central, Summer, Chestnut, Elm) but please do not block driveways and be aware of spaces that are marked “no parking here to corner”.
Online registration will close at 11:59 am on Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
Thanks to the generous support of our community merchants, refreshments may include:
… water, muffins, bagels. Beer garden starts at 9:30am (credit cards only, ID required)
About your bib number:
Your bib must be worn on your front torso, and be visible when crossing the finish line. Do not wear the bib on your back, nor bend or fold it, or your finishing time may not be recorded.
Do not give your bib number to someone else! Doing so is dishonest, results in incorrect results. Additionally, it also causes insurance and emergency medical risks.
Bandits, individuals who participate in a walk/run without formally registering are not allowed at this event. Thousands will register & financially support this cause. Being a bandit dishonors the veterans for which this race is founded. Show your integrity and support for our veterans.
Will there be race day registration? Not for 2021
- Teams may consist of both runners and walkers.
- The Team Captain should register first and form at team.
- Teams’ Captains may prepay in bulk for their team members. A coupon code will be issued for each prepaid team member to sign up online. The coupon code does not signify a discount and will be used to indicate a prepaid spot on the team.
- Teams of 10 or more with preprinted bibs/shirts are prepackaged and must be picked by team captain. No individual pickups. For teams of 10 or more: Thursday, November 11, TEAM PACKET PICKUP ONLY, 4-7 p.m.
Tips for Naming Your Team: Use short team names so it will fit on your bib and shirt sleeve. Including the word “Team” in the name will take up space and is redundant. Choose your team name wisely.
All registrations must be done online. We do not accept spreadsheets or lists with team participant data.
- Top 3 Largest Teams
- Top 3 Fastest Males
- Top 3 Fastest Teams
- Top 3 Fastest Females
*Teams of 15 or more are eligible for the following:
- A Team Tent on race day with the Team Name and complimentary bottled water
- Thursday November 11, 4 PM to 7 PM **Special team only pickup at Commonwealth Motors, Nissan Building, 135 Marston St. Lawrence
- Team Name on Race Shirts
- Team Captain will Receive Race Updates via email
Run For The Troops 5k Canine Code of Conduct
There is no fee to register a dog.
Dogs can be an important part of the healing process for returning soldiers by providing unconditional love, companionship and in some cases physical support. To honor our canine friends, the Run for the Troops committee would like to welcome those participating in the walk/run to bring their own canine companions so they can enjoy this uplifting experience too. To ensure the safety for all the two and four-legged participants, we have a strict Code of Conduct that must be agreed to by all dog owners/handlers before the dog is granted permission to participate in the race. Additionally, there is a designated race start line in front of the senior center for all dogs and their owners with a slightly delayed start time so the dogs are not in the general running/walking population out of respect for all other participants. Lastly, on race day prior to the start, we encourage you to stop by the gazebo in the park to pick up your dog’s swag bag provided by That Dirty Dog.
At the time of your registration, you must provide all of the pertinent details included in this code of conduct below, pay the additional $10 registration fee, and acknowledge you have read and agree to these conditions before you are granted entry to the “Run for the Troops 5K Dog Pound”
Run for the Troops 5K Canine Code of Conduct:
- All Dogs and their owners/handlers must be registered – No Exceptions!
- Proof of rabies vaccination and dog license registration is required (details of both must be provided during the registration process) and the dog license tag must be on the dog’s collar on race day.
- Dogs MUST be leashed (and attached to handler) at ALL times
- One dog per handler
- Maximum lead/leash length is 6 ft – Retractable leads with variable length options are FORBIDDEN.
- Dogs must be socialized and friendly in large crowds – if you have any doubt that your dog will show any aggression while in a large crowd of people and/or with other dogs, please do not register/bring them.
- Please make sure to clean up after your pets.
- All dogs/owners must start together at the back of the pack in the designated area, which will be communicated prior to race day and at the race so you know where to go.
Thank you for your contributions towards making this a fun & safe event!
Please Contact Us with any questions regarding registering your dog.