This Website Sponsored By
This year’s Walk/Run will Benefit Army Sergeant Brandon Korona and Homes For Our Troops to be built in Derry, New Hampshire
Sunday, November 14 at 9am
Race Registration Fee Schedule
$30 from September 1 to September 30
$35 from October 1 to October 31
$40 from November 1 to November 10
Registration CLOSES on November 10 at 11:59pm
Registration Fees are Non-refundable
As you know, Run for the Troops has partnered with Race Roster for a virtual 5K Run/Walk to raise funds for Home for our Troops, Ironstone Farm and Homeland Heroes and we thank you for your participation. More information is coming soon!
Thank You to Schneider Electric for supporting our mobility-challenged veterans.
Dinner & Silent Auction Sponsors
Number & shirt pick-up
Shirts/bibs for teams of 15+ are prepackaged and MUST be picked up by the team captain. No individual pick ups allowed.
Thursday November 11, 4 PM to 7 PM ** Pickup for Teams Only **
Commonwealth Motors Nissan Building 135 Marston St. Lawrence
People registering between October 14th and November 10th are eligible for T-shirts also.
T Shirt Pickup at Commonwealth Motors Nissan
Friday November 12 – 3 PM to 7 PM
Saturday November 13 – 1 PM to 4 PM
36 Bartlett Street, Andover
Sunday November 14 – 7 AM to 8:30 AM
NO 2021 Race Day Register and/or pickup
Parking will not be permitted in spaces immediately around the Andover Town Common or on the Doherty Middle School grounds.
Suggested parking locations include:
- on Bartlett Street
- the public parking lot at Park Street (63 Park Street)
- the public parking lot at Olde Andover Village (90 Main Street)
- nearby residential streets (Central, Summer, Chestnut, Elm) but please do not block driveways and be aware of spaces that are marked “no parking here to corner”.
Online registration will close at 4:00 pm on Friday, November 13, 2021.
Thanks to the generous support of our community merchants, refreshments may include:
… water, sports drinks, fruit, cereal/granola bars, bagels, muffin tops, BBQ and more!
About your bib number:
Your bib must be worn on your front torso, and be visible when crossing the finish line. Do not wear the bib on your back, nor bend or fold it, or your finishing time may not be recorded.
Do not give your bib number to someone else! Doing so is dishonest, results in incorrect results. Additionally, it also causes insurance and emergency medical risks.
Bandits, individuals who participate in a walk/run without formally registering are not allowed at this event. Thousands will register & financially support this cause. Being a bandit dishonors the veterans for which this race is founded. Show your integrity and support for our veterans.
Will there be race day registration? Not for 2021
- Teams may consist of both runners and walkers.
- The Team Captain should register first and form at team.
- Only those who register by November 7th will be eligible to pick up their shirt at Commonwealth Motors. Everyone who registers after November 7th can pick up their shirt on November 11th at a location TBD.
- For teams of 15 or more whose registrations are received by October 25th, 2020, Team names will be printed on all bibs and race shirts and a team tent will be provided for teams of 15 or more at the race. Team members CAN still register to join a team after October 13 but their shirt and bib will not include the team name. See below for more “perks” for teams of 15 or more.
- Teams’ Captains may prepay in bulk for their team members. A coupon code will be issued for each prepaid team member to sign up online. The coupon code does not signify a discount and will be used to indicate a prepaid spot on the team.
- Teams of 15 or more with preprinted bibs/shirts are prepackaged and must be picked by team captain. No individual pickups. There will be an early pickup for teams only Thursday October 11th 4 to 7 PM at Commonwealth Motors Nissan Building 135 Marston Street Lawrence.
Tips for Naming Your Team: Use short team names so it will fit on your bib and shirt sleeve. Including the word “Team” in the name will take up space and is redundant. Choose your team name wisely.
All team registrations must be done online. We do not accept spreadsheets or lists with team participant data.
- Top 3 Largest Teams
- Top 3 Fastest Males
- Top 3 Fastest Teams
- Top 3 Fastest Females
*Teams of 15 or more are eligible for the following:
- A Team Tent on race day with the Team Name and complimentary bottled water
- Thursday November 11, 4 PM to 7 PM **Special team only pickup at Commonwealth Motors, Nissan Building, 135 Marston St. Lawrence
- Team Name on Race Shirts
- Team Captain will Receive Race Updates via email
Run For The Troops 5k Canine Code of Conduct
There is a $10 fee to register a dog.
Dogs can be an important part of the healing process for returning soldiers by providing unconditional love, companionship and in some cases physical support. To honor our canine friends, the Run for the Troops committee would like to welcome those participating in the walk/run to bring their own canine companions so they can enjoy this uplifting experience too. To ensure the safety for all the two and four-legged participants, we have a strict Code of Conduct that must be agreed to by all dog owners/handlers before the dog is granted permission to participate in the race. Additionally, there is a designated race start line in front of the senior center for all dogs and their owners with a slightly delayed start time so the dogs are not in the general running/walking population out of respect for all other participants. Lastly, on race day prior to the start, we encourage you to stop by the gazebo in the park to pick up your dog’s swag bag provided by That Dirty Dog.
At the time of your registration, you must provide all of the pertinent details included in this code of conduct below, pay the additional $10 registration fee, and acknowledge you have read and agree to these conditions before you are granted entry to the “Run for the Troops 5K Dog Pound”
Run for the Troops 5K Canine Code of Conduct:
- All Dogs and their owners/handlers must be registered – No Exceptions!
- Proof of rabies vaccination and dog license registration is required (details of both must be provided during the registration process) and the dog license tag must be on the dog’s collar on race day.
- Dogs MUST be leashed (and attached to handler) at ALL times
- One dog per handler
- Maximum lead/leash length is 6 ft – Retractable leads with variable length options are FORBIDDEN.
- Dogs must be socialized and friendly in large crowds – if you have any doubt that your dog will show any aggression while in a large crowd of people and/or with other dogs, please do not register/bring them.
- Please make sure to clean up after your pets. (Disposable sanitary bags will be provided if necessary)
- All dogs/owners must start together at the back of the pack in the designated area, which will be communicated prior to race day and at the race so you know where to go.
Thank you for your contributions towards making this a fun & safe event!
Please Contact Us with any questions regarding registering your dog.